Many restaurants live by the motto “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. And we understand this kind of thinking. After all, in the busy world of foodservice and hospitality, there’s always something “more” to do.
But have you ever thought that technology could actually help you do what you’re already doing better, leaving more time for you to create a menu that keeps your customers coming back for more, or more time to make those renovations you’ve been wanting to do? It’s true.
What’s more, if you’re an aspiring restaurant owner, then using technology from Day 1 can help you build a business by working smarter, not harder.
How Technology Transforms the Restaurant Industry
Adopting modern technologies and smart appliances can help you streamline your restaurant operations, enhance the customer experience, and leverage data for more informed decision–making.
For instance, adopting self-serve kiosks lets you accept various customer payment methods, track sales, and provide a superior customer experience. Utilizing an inventory management system can help you stay on top of orders and increase your profit margin. Meanwhile, using the latest smart appliances and restaurant technology trends for cooking (like sous vide) can yield faster cooking times and an easier food preparation process for your kitchen staff.
Key Software & Technology for Restaurants
Here are some of the most common categories of new technology in restaurants:
- Point of Sale (POS) Systems: POS systems let restaurants do everything from accepting payments and managing purchases to providing receipts and more.
- Online Reservation Platforms: Online reservation systems like Resy and OpenTable allow customers to make reservations easily and quickly online, and allow restaurants to automate the process of managing reservations and cancellations to avoid double-booking and forecast demand.
- Food Delivery Apps: Food delivery apps like GrubHub, UberEats, and DoorDash make takeout delivery simpler and easier, and help expand your customer reach.
- Inventory Management Software: This helpful type of restaurant technology cannot only clue you in when it’s time to re-order food supplies, it can also automate the process. Looking to streamline your menu? You can even use inventory management software to track which food items you’re using and which menu items are “dead weight”.
- Feedback and Review Platforms: Reputation management is vital to any restaurant’s success. Be sure you’re making the most of restaurant technologies like Google Business for business listing & review management.
- Social Media Apps: Advertise your restaurant and give customers a taste of what’s on the menu over social media apps like Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok.
- Data Analytics Tools: These often are part of restaurant management/POS systems, and they let you leverage data to make important decisions.
Functions of Technology for Restaurants
“Restaurant technology” is a catch-all term. In reality, there are a wide range of technologies that restaurants use in their day-to-day operations, including:
- Order Processing and Management
- Inventory Tracking and Management
- Staff Scheduling and Management
- Payment Processing and Billing
- Customer Feedback Collection, Analysis, & Response (PR/Service Recovery)
- Automated Cooking Technologies (i.e. robotic cooking and food prep; smart appliances, etc)
While we could devote an entire blog just to each type of restaurant technology and its benefits, suffice it to say, if it’s something that you do in your restaurant, from cooking to scheduling staff time off, there’s probably a restaurant technology that can help you do it more quickly and easily.
Why Restaurants Should Embrace Technology
There are so many good reasons to embrace restaurant technologies like ordering kiosks and online ordering systems, food delivery apps, and even social media for marketing, promotion, and customer engagement.
One of the most useful restaurant technologies you can invest in is a dedicated restaurant management software program like Tripleseat or Toast POS. Here are some of the benefits of restaurant management software and other restaurant technologies:
- Efficiency and Speed: Streamline front-of-house tasks like managing reservations, back-of-house tasks like processing orders, and administrative tasks, like compiling sales reports or logging employee notes.
- Enhanced Customer Experience: Empower customers to pay with self-serve kiosks, let them order online from their smartphone, and give them the ability to order their food and have it delivered to their door with the latest food delivery services and apps.
- Data-Driven Decision Making: Make the business side of owning a restaurant easier by tracking purchases, sales, margins, and more. Don’t make business decisions based on educated guesses; make data-driven decisions that will keep your restaurant profitable and your customers happy.
- Adaptation to Changing Consumer Habits: Today’s customers expect quality, speed, and convenience. Meet them where they are by adopting the latest restaurant technology trends.
- Competitive Advantage: Gain an advantage by adopting the technologies your competitors are avoiding.
Shop New Restaurant Technology & Equipment
Ready to equip your restaurant with the latest technologies to ensure your continued success? Shop smart appliances and commercial restaurant equipment at GoFoodservice now.